Did everyone do their 6 Week Boot Camp Fitness Test yesterday??? How did you do??? Were you pleased with your score??? However you scored make sure you write it down and keep it because you will be repeating the fitness test half way through and then again at the end. I am 100% sure you will see an overall improvement in your physical abilities if you PUSH yourself!!! Today you will have Day 2 and 3 Work Outs and Tips followed by Day 4 and 5, etc. Try to do as much of the work out as possible remembering, it’s just You against You!!!
I hope you’re remembering to drink your 10-12, 8 ounce glasses of water per day. One of the best ways to get your water in is to start with 2 glasses as soon as you wake up. This chart gives you an outline of when and why you drink water at certain times of the day. I also recommend a Green Smoothie at least once a day for several reasons…
1. Green smoothies offer pure nutrition. The amount of vitamins you’ll get depends on the fruits and vegetables you choose for the smoothie. However, most fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins A and C. Guava is also high in folate, while avocados provide high amounts of potassium and magnesium.
2. Green smoothies are much healthier than fruit or vegetable juices. When juices are extracted, you get vitamins and minerals but no fiber. However, smoothies are made using the whole fruit/vegetable, so you get all the fiber in your drink.
3. Green smoothies are a great way to eat your veggies without even realizing it. Although most people like fruit, many have trouble getting their daily requirement of veggies. When you make a green smoothie, the taste of the greens is hidden by the taste of the fruit, so you don’t even notice the veggies are there.
4. Green smoothies are easy and quick to make. The only equipment you need is a blender (and a pitcher if you make large amounts and need to store some in the fridge).
5. Homemade green smoothies are cheap. Buying smoothies at a juice bar can set you back as much as $6 a glass. At home, combining fruits and vegetables won’t cost you more than a few cents. Drinking a glass every day will provide you with all the vitamins you need, a much cheaper (and more natural) option than buying multivitamins.
GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 small cucumber, chopped
2 kale leaves
1 handful spinach
Handful of fresh parsley or cilantro
1 lemon peeled
1 apple, seeded, cored and chopped
2 cups Almond Milk(substitute coconut milk etc)
Blend & Enjoy
Remember you’re making a Life Style Change so that means staying active throughout your day beside your workout. This means finding a way to get up and move every 1/2 hour or hour at the most. As I stated in Day 12 of the 21 Day Daniel Fast , Sitting is Killing You!!! Here are your workouts for Day 2 and Day 3.
DAY 2 BOOT CAMP WORKOUT
DAY 3 BOOT CAMP WORKOUT
This “Don’t Stop Keep Going” 6 Week Boot Camp is designed to not only change your body but your Soul and Spirit as well. It is my belief that through changing how you exercise and eating fresh fruits and vegetables you can change your emotional state giving you an overall sense of well being and contentment. Have Fun, Do More, Try Harder!!! Be Well.