6 Week Boot Camp Week 1- Day 4 and 5 Detoxify. At least once a week whether at the beginning or end, you should Detoxify. Detoxification means to cleanse the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. You need to periodically detoxify your body because you ingest toxins, and other harmful substances into your bodies each day due to environmental pollution and the unhealthy amounts of additives injected into your food.
Detoxification is helpful if you are suffering from conditions, including allergies, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, chronic infections, depression, diabetes, headaches, heart disease, high cholesterol, low blood sugar levels, digestive disorders, mental illness, and obesity. It helps strengthen the bodies ability to fight and protect you against the harsh daily onslaught of poisons in our environment. Even though the body has a natural detoxification system, it can become overwhelmed due to overeating, improper diet, stress, sedentary lifestyle, illness and just poor health habits overall. So, in order for detoxification to work, a lifestyle change is needed. You will have to learn how to eat better foods, and do the right things to get rid of toxins from the body. In doing so you will also free the Spirit and Soul.
There are several ways to naturally detoxify:
1. Eat dinner early. To make sure that what you eat is digested properly and is gone from the stomach, try to eat your dinner by 8 P.M. This will give your body the time it needs to work through the food you have eaten, and it won’t be sitting stagnant in your intestines.
2. Eat less sugar and oil. When you eat too much sugary and oily foods, your digestion is slowed. These types of foods go into the stomach and are then turned into waste and toxins.
3. Drink enough water and Herbal Tea. Since the body is 70% water, and water is needed to allow the body to perform its functions, drinking enough water is crucial. If you do not take in the required amount of water, your body will hold onto the water it does have, and less can be used as a toxin flush. This means that more of these harmful substances will stay in the body, and not be flushed out like they are supposed to be. There are several herbs that help expel toxins from the body such as dandelion, peppermint, and green tea. Drinking a cup or two a day along with your water will help speed up the process.
4. Eat more organic produce. Organic, means free of synthetic additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and dyes, and must not be processed using industrial solvents, irradiation, or genetic engineering. The more natural the products going into your body the more easy for the body to process.
5. Get enough sleep. Most adults need 7 to 8 hours of good quality sleep on a regular schedule each night. During sleep the body gets to replenish and repair the damages done to it both physically and mentally.
To get started, lighten up your toxin load by eliminating alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize use of chemical based household cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes), and substitute natural alternatives. Try a 21 Day Daniel Fast or herbal cleanse to get you going in the right direction and don’t forget to exercise!!! Have fun, Do More, Try Harder!!! Be Well.
Pineapple Detox Smoothie
EXTRA CREDIT WORKOUT