6 Week Boot Camp Week 1- Day 6. This is your last day of the first week of Boot Camp. How are you feeling little sore maybe??? Well you can look forward to Day 7 tomorrow, your day off, while you finish Day 6 Today. Let’s focus on your Work Out. Each day you should push yourself a little harder than the day before. Get out of that Comfort Zone. Add a little heavier weight or maybe do 2 workouts instead of 1. You are the only person that can motivate YOU!!! If you want to see the results You have to do the work and there are no short cuts if you want to make lasting change. Get tough on yourself and go past your limits. Right at that Burn moment is when you want to quit, when you know you can’t do that last rep. But, it’s at that exact moment that your body begins to change, build the muscle and burn the fat. DON’T GIVE UP remember this is all about You and the Life Style Change You’ve committed to.
Today’s exercise might prove challenging, but push past your limits and see just how strong you really are!!! Have fun, Do More, Try Harder!!! Be Well.
Boot Camp Week 1- Day 7. You’ve made it through the first week and now it’s time for the three Rs’ RELAX, REFRESH, RENEW!!! It is extremely important that your Spirit, Soul, and Body are given time to Recover, Rest and Repair. Recovery allows the body to replenish energy stores and repair damaged tissues. Without sufficient time to repair and replenish, the body can and will breakdown.
Elements of Rest and Recovery
1. Sleep: Sleep is the most important aspect of recovery. Adequate levels of sleep help to provide mental health, hormonal balance, and muscular recovery
2. Hydration: Drinking adequate amounts of water is critical to recovery, and performance. Water helps our bodies to function properly by lowering levels of stress on the heart, improved skin tone, and better hair quality. The simplest way to check hydration is to look at your pee. If it is clear to pale yellow you are hydrated. The darker and more color in your pee the less hydrated you are and more water you need to drink.
3. Nutrition: Everything you eat has the ability to help heal your body, or to poison it. This may sound strong, but alcohol and processed foods contain toxins and are harmful to the body. Eating clean and balanced meals in moderation is proven to be an effective way to remain healthy and help the body repair and replenish.
4. Stretching: You need enough flexibility to move well and remain pain free. Include dynamic stretching on your rest and recovery days.
Give Yourself a break today you deserve it and your going to need it for what lies ahead lol. Have fun, Do More, Try Harder!!! Be Well.
Antioxidant Berry Boost
1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen blackberries
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup almond milk, green tea or apple juice
Contents of one vitamin E capsule
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
1. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid if needed.
2. If using apple juice, blend and taste before adding honey to prevent over-sweetening.