6 Week Boot Camp Week 6- Day 1 and Day 2 Herbs & Weight Loss
You made it you’re in the final week of our Don’t Stop Keep Going 6 Week Boot Camp!!! The finish line is in sight so let’s keep going. Herbs and Spices can help you maintain a healthy body weight by increasing your metabolism, shrinking fat tissue and suppressing your appetite.
1. Green Tea- Green tea is not only loaded with antioxidants but has thermo-genic properties which is the process of heat production in organisms including human beings. In other words it helps burn your body fat faster. Green tea also helps you feel full so that you don’t eat more than you need.
1. Make your green tea by placing 1-2 tsp of good quality green tea in a cup or bowl. Pour hot water over it and let it brew for about 5-10 min. Strain and drink.
2. Drink at least 4-5 cups of green tea throughout the day. This will help you feel full and you’ll concentrate less on binge eating.
3. Have green tea instead of regular tea or coffee in the morning. It has enough caffeine to start off your day. Also, this will speed up your metabolism right in the morning so that you may burn more calories throughout the day. As this is for weight loss, its desirable not to add any sweetener to the tea.
2. Yerba Mate- Yerba Mate is a traditional South American drink made with dried and aged yerba mate plant. Due to its health benefits, this drink has come to be known as tea even when it has more similarities to coffee. Just as coffee can energize due to its caffeine content, yerba mate can also fill you up with stamina again due to its caffeine. The difference is that yerba mate will also increase the rate at which your body burns calories. Apart from increasing your metabolic rate, yerba mate also gives you the benefits of different vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants. It also helps in slowing down your digestion so that you feel fuller for longer and consume less calories during the day. So, it makes sense to replace your morning coffee with yerba mate tea for weight loss. You can find Yerba Mate in most ethnic stores or on Amazon.
1. The simplest method is to place 1- 2 tsp in your mug and add hot water (not boiling as it will burn the leaves giving a bitter flavor to the tea) Let steep 3-5 min and sip your tea never gulp.
2. Another way to prepare your Yerba Mate is:
Mate Latté from Loose Leaf Mate
Makes a 12 oz. latté. (Use almond milk or skim)
8 oz. Guayakí Yerba Mate
4oz. of steamed milk of choice
sweetener (honey, or maple syrup)
Brew 8 oz. cup of Yerba Mate.
Add sweetener to taste and 4 oz. of steamed milk of choice.
Top off with milk foam.
3. Dandelion Root & Leaf – Every part of the dandelion is edible and full of nutrition. And because they help slow your digestion, they can make you feel full longer, helping you maintain a healthy weight. Dandelions have antioxidant properties and along with being full of dietary fiber, dandelions also contain beta carotene, vitamin K1, vitamins and minerals, and are known for being beneficial for normalizing blood sugar and cholesterol, as well as cleansing your liver, making it an excellent diuretic for detoxing your system. You can throw the leaves in a salad or use the roots and leaves as a tea.
1. In a pot add 2 cups of water and approx. 1 tbsp of dandelion root let simmer on low heat about 15 min.
2. Bring to a boil and remove from heat
3. Add 1-2 tbsp of dandelion leaf and let steep for 5-10 min. Drink 2-3 time a day.
In addition to their benefits for weight, herbs and spices are actually some of the most potent antioxidants in your food supply, and may help fight heart disease and other chronic diseases, as well as premature aging. For some, incorporating herbs into your diet may be new, but don’t be afraid to try new things especially if it can help you feel better Spirit, Soul & Body. Have Fun, Do More, Try Harder!!! Be Well.
WEEK 6 DAY 1
WEEK 6 DAY 2